Lobster Ramen with Chilau Sauce
One of the best recipes I have ever made!!! Since my days of microwaving those plastic packs to experiencing chef-crafted ramen at a restaurant or food truck ramen has always been one of my favorite foods. Recently I saw an instagram post of lobster ramen with a creamy broth. I knew immediately how I would recreate that dish using chilau sauce. I prefer the Citrus flavor in cream-based dishes but if you happen to not have that flavor on hand Original or Gumbo will do it Justice.
- 1 Bottle Chilau Citrus
- 1 Can Coconut Milk (13oz)
- 2 Cups Cream
- 2 32oz Cartons Seafood Stock (or Chicken Stock )
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 5 to 6 slices of fresh ginger
- 5 dried red Chile peppers (de Arbol)
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Garlic
- 2 Shallots chopped in fours
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Bunches Green Onion Chopped in half
- 3 Cups Large Chopped Mushrooms
- 6 Lobster Tails ( or seafood of choice)
- 2 Lbs Jumbo Shrimp
TIP: Cook all the seafood you want in the broth, remove is once done and add to the ramen bowl at the end!
I used the cheap ramen noodles you can find in the grocery store, your choice!
- 6 Packs Reman Noodles (just for the noodles, don’t use seasoning packet)
- Add 1/2 cup of Canola oil and 1 teaspoon Sesame oil to an 8 quart or larger stock pot or Dutch oven.
- Over medium-high heat sauté veggies until tender
- Add liquids and bring to a rolling boil simmer 15 minutes
- Cook Lobster in the Broth for 5 minutes and remove from pot, set aside (or in ice bath to stop cooking)
- Strain Broth to remove all veggies
- Cook noodles in separately
- Add noodles to bowl, then seafood, ladle over broth and garish with chopped green onion