- 16 oz (1 Bottle) Chilau Sauce (Gumbo or Original)
- 64oz (2 Cartons) Seafood Stock/Broth
- 1 Cup Flour 3/4 Cup Canola Oil (substitute cream of mushroom for a healthier option)
- 2 TBSP Butter 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Chopped Red/Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped Okra (Soak in vinegar 30min for less slime)
TIP: Add as much seafood as you can fit! 1 lb Smoked Sausage (your preference) 1 lb Shrimp 3 lbs Crab legs Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add Oil and Flower to a cold pot and stir.
- Increase heat to medium-high and stir until brown 30 to 45min (dark chocolate brown for richer flavor) DONT LEAVE POT, IT WILL TAKE A WHILE AND CAN BURN EASILY!!
- Once the desired color is reached reduce heat and add peppers & onions. Saute for 5 minutes
- Slowly pour in half of the seafood stock and stir. Increase heat back to medium
- Add Sausage and Okra and stir
- Add Chilau Sauce and remaining liquids and bring to a simmer Simmer for approximately 45 minutes then taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
(Optional)TIP: Add 2 TBSP Butter for a more velvety feel. Add seafood and simmer 15 minutes Serve over rice