- 16 oz (1 Bottle) Chilau Sauce (Gumbo or Original)
- 64oz (2 Cartons) Chickstock Stock/Broth ( or seafood stock)
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour - 1 Cup Canola Oil (Roux)
- 2 TBSP Butter 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Chopped Red/Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- (optional)1 Cup Chopped Okra (Soak in vinegar 30min for less slime)
- Want more heat? Add 1 Tbsp Boil Bomb
TIP: Add as much seafood as you can fit! 1 lb Smoked Sausage (your preference) 1 lb Shrimp 3 lbs Crab legs Salt and Pepper to taste
Pot: 8 quart dutch oven
- Add Oil and flour to a cold pot and stir.
- Increase heat to medium (4 out of 10) and stir until brown 30 to 45min (chocolate brown for richer flavor) DONT LEAVE POT, IT WILL TAKE A WHILE AND CAN BURN EASILY!!
- Once the desired color is reached remove from heat and add peppers & onions. Stir for 5 minutes
- Slowly pour in stock and Chilau Sauce
- Return to heat and bring to a gentle boil
- Add Sausage and butter, simmer for approximately 45 minutes, then taste and add salt to taste.
- Add Crab simmer 10 minutes
- Add Shrimp and simmer 5 minutes then remove from heat
- Serve over rice