This curry recipe turned out excellent! I usually prefer chicken thighs but the breast worked out well as there were no thighs available. Curry is one of those dishes that can be intimidating to some. Using this approach it was easy and quick, and didn't require a ton of ingredients. Since are currently under quarantine for Covid-19 and practicing social distancing having a delicious meal will put a smile on your face! :)
- 4 chicken breast chopped or 6 chicken thighs chopped
- 5 Gold Potatoes Chopped
- 32oz Chicken stock
- 8oz Small coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup olive oil 1/4 Cup Chilau Sauce (I used Gumbo)
- 4oz cold water mixed with 4 tbsp cornstarch 5 fresh garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- Yellow Curry Power (Badia Jamaican Style)
- Chilau Garlic Pepper
- Chilau Original Seasoning
- Add oil to pan and bring to medium high heat, then add chicken, season liberally with Curry power (2 tbsps), Chilau Garlic Pepper (1 Tsp), and Chilau Original Seasoning (1 Tsp). Cook 5 minutes stirring to coat in oil.
- Remove chicken from pot and add veggies. Cook 5 minutes or until veggies become tender.
- Add liquids to the pot and bring to simmer.
- Add potatoes and other veggies of choice
- Add chicken back to pot
- Slowly stir in cornstarch mixture then taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
- It's done when the potatoes are soft and curry has thickened to your liking. Serve over rice. Enjoy!!!