Summer Pre-sale! Next Production in May
Cajun Dirty Rice Blend is a flavorful and slightly spicy blend of rice with traditional seasonings and vegetables. We created this mix of herbs, spices, vegetables and aromatics for a quick and easy but flavorful side dish to add to your Southern-style cooking.
- Light golden colored rice with green and red herbs and spices
- Savory, piquant, herby vegetable flavors
- Quick cooking time
- Add ground, sautéed chicken livers for a more authentic version or serve as is for a delicious vegetarian take on Cajun Dirty Rice
- All natural
Rice, Kaniwa, Bell pepper, Salt, Contains 2% or less of Onion, Celery, Spices, Paprika, Canola oil, Garlic, Sugar.
- Cook and enjoy as a flavorful side or main dish
- Add sliced sausage and red beans for a traditional New Orleans dish
- Use as a stuffing for peppers, tomatoes or roast poultry or meats
- Use as a base rice for jambalaya or hoppin' john, or as a bed for shrimp creole or crawfish étouffée
Bring 2 cups of water or stock, 1 tablespoon butter and 1 cup Cajun Dirty Rice to boil. Stir, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is tender, 14 to 18 minutes. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Our Cajun Dirty Rice is a custom blend of white rice with traditional southern ingredients to make a flavorful and slightly spicy side dish.
We mixed our parboiled white rice with the essential "Holy Trinity" of Cajun and Creole cuisine - celery, bell peppers and onions. We added spices and aromatics of sea salt, parsley, cayenne and our own special Cajun Blackened Seasoning to achieve pleasingly piquant flavor.
Authentic Cajun Dirty Rice is a labor-intensive dish which starts with sautéed chicken livers and gizzards that are ground or minced into rice, giving it a "dirty" appearance.
Our version is a mild, cayenne-pepper-accented rice blend that appeals to many palates with no meat products. We designed this blend with versatility and full flavors to be enjoyed as is or to be used as a base for traditional Cajun and Creole dishes.