This meal was created as a coping mechanism. Covid-19 aka Corona Virua lead us to social distancing and comfort food was needed to brighten the day. To put it simply "when life gives you Corona, makes Corona Crabs", pun intended. :)
This was a different take on garlic crabs where I decided to use beer, garlic and our Chilau Garlic Pepper and Original seasonings to drive the flavor vs. using our go-to Boil Bomb which was out of stock at the time. Flavor turned out amazing!
- 1 Cup Oil
- 2 TBSP Chilau Original Seasoning
- 1 TBSP Chilau Garlic Pepper
- 1 Head Chopped Garlic
- 1 White Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onion
- 1 TBSP Yellow Mustard
- 1 Corona or (Beer of Choice) - 1 Stick of Butter
- Sauté veggies in oil for 5 minutes medium heat
- Add spices and mustard. Stir, cook 5 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until melted, then add beer.
- Add cooked crab and coat in sauce. 🦀 I used Dungeness 😋