Snapper, in general, is highly celebrated in the Caribbean and this pan-fried approach lends itself well to large family dinners. The Citrus glaze is sweet and garlicky with a little heat that really brings out the flavor of the fish. Serve with rice, grits or straight up! Delicious!
- Chilau Citrus Seafood or Pepper Sauce
- 2 whole cleaned Snapper
- 2 Large Navel Oranges
- 2 Cups Cornmeal
- 1/4 Cups Chopped Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Seafood Stock
- 1 TSP Butter
- Score whole snapper on both sides
- Place in a pan or ziplock bag and cover in Chilau Citrus (or flavors will work as well) and orange slices
- Marinated for 12 to 24 hours
- Cover in cornmeal and pan fry for 5 minutes on each side
- Let the fish rest for five minutes on paper towels to allow additional oil to drain
- ***Citrus Glaze*** Add butter, garlic, and cilantro to the pan and saute for 5 minutes
- Add Seafood Stock and salt to taste Enjoy!!!!!