24K Seafood Mac'n Cheese
24K Mac'n Cheese (Seafood Mac'n Cheese) was an idea I had when thinking about the ultimate side item to bring for Thanksgiving dinner. Special occasions call for the special treatment with lobster, jumbo shrimp, scallops and lump crab meat. The addition of Chilau added the perfect amount of kick and bold flavor! It was a hit! Must try!
- 1 Cup #ChilauSauce (You can use, Original, Citrus or Gumbo)
- 2 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Smoked Gouda Cheese
- 2 Cups Muenster Cheese
- 2 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 lb Lobster Tail
- 1/2 lb Large Scallops
- 1/2 lb Large Shrimp
- 1/2 lb Lump Crab Meat
- 1 Box Large Elbow Mac'n Cheese (get an extra just incase)
- Chop raw seafood (lobster, scallops, shrimp) into smaller pieces and sauté in 2 tbsp butter for 5 min.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring liquids and salt to a simmer and slowly add cheese.
- When cheese is completely melted add cooked seafood and crab meat and stir into cream sauce
- Add cooked pasta into the sauce and stir until well coated
- Pour into baking dish and top with shaved Parmesan cheese and chopped green onions or chives.
- Bake at 350 - 375 (varies by oven) for 30min or until top is crispy
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken