One of my favorite foods during Thanksgiving and Family dinners is cornbread dressing (stuffing), usually enjoyed next to a juicy turkey or succulent collard greens. This twist on the Tamp Style Deviled Crab ads a new twist to dressing that makes for the perfect side item to spice things by adding crab and kick to the party. Feel free to put your spin on it with choice of meats, veggies, and seafood. The pan will disappear fast so make sure you get your corner first! :)
- 1 Bottle Chilau Sauce (Original or Gumbo)
- 1 1/2 lbs Lump Crab Meat
- 4 Cups Seafood Broth
- 1 Pan of Cornbread (or 2 boxes Jiffy Corn Bread)
- 2 sleeves of Saltine Crackers (4 cups crumbled)
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 3 Tbsp Butter Salt to taste
- Make a pan of cornbread according to instructions if using Jiffy Mix (2 boxes), or one pan of your preferred method to make cornbread.
- Allow to cool, then crumble and set aside.
- Crumble 2 sleeves of Saltine Crackers by hand or via food processor and set aside.
- Sauté Onions and Bell Peppers in butter until tender.
- Add Chilau Sauce and Seafood broth and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, taste broth and adjust salt to taste.
- Place cornbread and crackers in large bowl and mix well.
- Pour in half the broth, add crab meat and mix.
- Add remaining broth and mix.
- Pour into greased baking pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350°-375° or until preferred texture.