I absolutely love a fully loaded baked potato with the works! For this version I decided to go with a familiar Chilau base of heavy cream and our original sauce. While many proteins would shine in this recipe, scallops and crawfish tails were the perfect complement to the bell pepper and onion in the base. The juice soaks in nicely for bold flavor in every bite! This recipe is meant for inspiration. Use your creativity to make it your own. Beef, Lamb, Chicken, Pork or all veggies are great options.
Makes approximately 5 to 6 loaded potatoes
Option to serve over rice, pasta, grits or polenta!
- 2 lbs large scallops
- 1 lb crawfish tail meat
- 1 Cup Chilau Sauce (Original, Gumbo or Citrus)
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream (light cream is an option)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 White onion diced
- 1 table spoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Chilau Garlic Pepper
- Olive Oil or preferred
- 4 tbsp butter
- Season scallops with a lite dusting of Chilau Garlic Pepper and a little olive oil.
- Add 2 tbsp butter to cast iron skillet or non-stick pan on medium-high heat and sear scallops for 2 minutes on one side and an additional minute on the opposite side.
- Remove scallops from pand and set aside
- Add remaining 2 table spoons of butter pan to with veggies and saute until translucent or preferred texture
- Add 1/4 cup of water to pan to deglaze followed by lemon juice, Chilau Sauce and heavy cream
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Add cooked crawfish tail meat to the sauce and simmer additional 5 minutes
- Add sauce and crawfish to the cooked baked potato and top with scallops and additional sauce. Garnish with chives or green onions