Chilau Cast Iron Smothered
Cast iron seared and smothered salmon steaks will make you question if you need any other source of protein. The flavor is simply incredible with onion, peppers and sauce over rice. It's super quick to prepare and only takes a couple of ingredients. The perfect week night meal or even for special occasions.
- 4 salmon steaks
- half green bell pepper diced
- half white onion diced
- Chilau Original seasoning to taste (or preferred seasoning for fish)
- Chilau Garlic Pepper seasoning taste ( or preferred seasoning for fish
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock/Broth ( Can also use vegetable or seafood stock)
- 1/4 Cup Chilau Sauce (Original, Citrus or Gumbo will taste amazing)
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 1 TBSP Oil (Canola, Vegetable, Coconut etc.)
- Season salmon steaks on both sides with Chilau Seasonings to taste (or preferred seasoning)
- Preheat cast iron skillet (or non-stick pan) over medium high heat
- Add oil to coat the bottom of the pan
- Sear salmon steaks for approximately 3 minutes on each side and remove from pan
- Add onions and peppers to the hot pan and sauté in the remaining oil, cook until translucent.
- Add stock, butter and Chilau sauce to pan and sauté for 5 minutes
- Add fish back to pan and cover with sauce, onions and peppers
Serve over rice and enjoy!!!